Our 3rd creation: a completely different beast than what you are used to. An exclusive bottling of a heavily peated Highland Single Malt Scotch, bottled in two different ways. One part fully matured on an ex-bourbon cask and one part finished on a Russian Imperial Stout cask (Dead Man’s Hand).
For this 3rd edition we collaborated with Belgian brewery Het Nest, which is famous for its playing cards themed beers.
This creation is a marriage of two sister casks of 13 year old Ardmore Single Malt Scotch matured on refill bourbon casks. After the marriage we split the whisky into two equal parts. One part continued to mature on the original ex-bourbon cask and the other part was finished for about 9 months on the Dead Man’s Hand beer cask.
This 3rd edition distinguishes itself from the previous boxes as it offers a crazy full circle tasting experience. You get to taste the original Dead Man’s Hand beer, the barrel aged Dead Man’s Hand beer, the original cask strength bourbon matured Ardmore Single Malt whisky and the cask strength Ardmore Single Malt whisky with Dead Man’s Hand beer finish.
What’s in a pack
- 1x 35cl Ardmore Single Malt Scotch 58%ABV
- 1x 35cl Ardmore Single Malt Scotch DMH finish 55,7 %ABV
- 1x 33cl of Dead Man’s Hand beer 10%ABV
- 1x 33cl of Dead Man’s Hand beer barrel aged 10%ABV
- Distilled, matured and bottled in Scotland
- Unchillfiltered – Natural Colour
- Cask Strength
- Original Ardmore: 58% Vol.
- Finished Ardmore: 55.7% Vol.
- 13 years in refill Bourbon cask
- 9 months finish on a Russian Imperial Stout Cask.
- Distilled: 12/08/2008
- Reracked: 14/06/2020
- Bottled: 15/09/2021