Our 3rd creation: A carefully selected 13 yr old Ardmore with a balanced peaty flavour, finished on a Russian Imperial Stout beer cask brewed by Belgian Brewery Het Nest .
…and vice versa! The Imperial stout finished on our Ardmore selection.
… plus: the original whisky and beer!
4 bottles or a crazy full circle tasting experience.
What you get?
- 1 bottle of the original Ardmore 13yr (35cl)
- 1 bottle Ardmore 13yr, finished on Russian Imperial Stout cask (35cl)
- 1 bottle of original Dead Man’s Hand Imperial Stout (33cl)
- 1 bottle of Dead Man’s Hand, barrel aged on the Ardmore cask (33cl)
- A beautiful box to keep them together
For this edition we went for a real cross-pollination of flavours. We selected a marvellous 13yr old Ardmore whisky, with its typical smoky flavours, and partnered with local brewery “Het Nest” to create something unique.
That’s right, you get both the original and the finished whisky in the box. Our cask strength 13yr old Ardmore Single Malt Scotch, finished for about 9 months on the Dead Man’s Hand cask .
Same principle here: you can expect the original and finished beer in the box. One of Het Nest’s flagship beers is called “Dead Man’s Hand”. A Russian Imperial Stout of 10° alcohol. “Het Nest” created a batch of stout specially for us. After the brewing process, we finished the beer on the same cask that was used for our original Ardmore maturation. Some months later, the beer was bottled, and the barrel was sent back to Scotland for our whisky finish.
The result: a box with a finished whisky on a stout beer cask, a beer with a finish on an Ardmore cask, and the two original products. Up to you to explore the evolution.
- Distilled, matured and bottled in Scotland
- Unchillfiltered – Natural Colour
- Cask Strength
- Original Ardmore: 58% Vol.
- Finished Ardmore: 55.7% Vol.
- 13 years in refill Bourbon cask
- 9 months finish on a Russian Imperial Stout Cask.
- Distilled: 12/08/2008
- Reracked: 14/06/2020
- Bottled: 15/09/2021
How to order